What do you mean you go to happy hour after yoga? Is that a joke? You're going to stand here and tell me that these pants are magically going to last me through the night after an hour of sweating, bending, drooling, and frolicking around on a mat? I think not.
Oh, and you want me to throw this super cute stink free jacket over my drenched sports bra and damp tank top and try to be approachable? I think not.
And the best one. Hair. If you can wear your hair down after you workout you should rethink your workout goals.
We've been getting bombarded with articles and products claiming to be "sport to street" style. We just wanted to clear the air- we're not wearing the same clothes at the gym as we do in public. Honestly, people. Let's get real.
I am a self-proclaimed expert at the "after workout Chic". Looking your (almost) prettiest IS possible after the gym. Don't have time to go home and shower? Just follow these flawless steps. Miss one, and you're caught and labeled as "Sweaty-Ass-Sarah" or "Pimple-Prone-Patricia."
1. Body shower... or don't. No one can really tell, to be honest. You're not special if you rinsed off- but nobody will sit next to you until you do. My advice: if you feel dirty af, rinse off. If you already showered that day or are too tired to stand up anymore, don't and say you did. Whatevs.
2) Change your clothes. In reality, the majority of us look terrible after trying to get in Zone 5 for 10 minutes. But, I know you want to appear like you actually look this cute after a workout, so put new, fresh, cute athletic clothes on. You want it to LOOK like you might get swass on the seat but not actually get swass on the seat. Athletic clothes are way better than mainstream jeans and a sweater (vomit). A chic, partially clean, recently sweaty athlete is way more attractive than a girl who looks like she just walked out of Talbots catalog.
3. Wash your face. Either actually wash it (Option A) or use an exfoliating face wipe (Option B). CC cream is key here. (Try this one.) I don't know about you guys, but after a workout my face is all types of flushed, red and blotchy. CC cream will even it all out, without removing your after workout glow. Bronzer- if you're feeling frisky. And eyebrows, eyebrows, eyebrows. They are the new eyelashes. Maybe throw a pop of color on your lips or cheeks in there- because we're girly and sporty. But seriously, you don't have to bring your whole makeup suitcase. CC cream, eyebrow wand, lip gloss- NECESSITIES.
4. Post workout hair is tricky- a tight ballerina bun is my go-to. Hairspray fly aways down and I'm ready to go. Another good solution is a hat, or maybe a headband if you have a normal sized head. I tend to start sweating again with a hat on. Dry shampoo is a myth- don't waste your money on it. You cant escape greasy hair. You can only slick it back or hide it.
5. And finally- shoes. Dont wear your sweaty sneakers anywhere except the gym. Wear your sickest white shoes TO the gym, then switch to your squat-destroyers for the sweat AT the gym, and then whip those fresh sneaks back out to rock to the next destinayshhhh. That's destination but short.