Got that special someone but STUMPED on what to get them for the Holidays? Well, if they're a Sporting Chic fan, here's a list of things they might be interested in. Keep in mind that female athletes love food, sneakers, and bags of all sorts to carry their stuff around. Pretty straightforward, TBH. Here are some more concrete ideas.
1) Headspace Subscription: Headspace is a guided meditation app designed to help you reach your full potential in sports, in the workplace, and in life. Getting a Headspace Subscription for a friend or family member would be a gift that keeps on giving. Headspace provides a service that truly can improve one's sense of happiness and well-being. Our co-founder Samantha Mewis uses headspace daily to improve her mental state and athletic performance. (And avoid panic attacks from purely logistical anxiety.)
2) Techne Futbol Subscription: As professional soccer players, we use this training app multiple times a week as part of our offseason regiment. It especially comes in handy in the cold or winter months, because all you need is a ball, a wall, and your phone to get quality technical training in. Get this for the soccer lover on your list. She will not be disappointed!
3) Sweat Cosmetics: This high performing, sweat resistant mineral makeup was created by a group of former professional soccer players. Sweat is the epitome of beautiful and strong. Our co-founder Kristie Mewis has yet to be seen leaving the house without her illuminator this calendar year. Even Stephanie, who previously swore off using all beauty products during the week, has applied the the illuminator before numerous morning workouts, proclaiming it made her look like "a beautiful swan."
4) Puma Socks: Look. We've always said that the best thing about having a footwear deal is that they give you access to unlimited pairs of socks. Quite honestly, Puma socks are the best in the game. Order in bulk and don't ever look back. They'll fit your foot like a glove, never slide down your shoe, and maintain their shape after hundreds of washes. Puma socks are the perfect gift for anyone who is hard to shop for or constantly has holes in their socks.
5) Adidas Stan Smith Sneakers: The Stan Smith sneakers are versatile and comfortable. There's been such a comeback in "athleisure" shoes and these sit at the top of the charts. Wear them with leggings, jeans, or a casual dress and head out about town. Get these for the female athlete in your life who is on top of her shoe game (or better yet, for the one who isn't. These will help her get there.)
6) Soul Cycle Class Pass: Soul Cycle really is the gift for anyone. It's fun, it's a great workout, and as Kristie says, "It's like my therapy." Buy that special someone a class pass and make their winter months that much more inspired. Yes, Soul Cycle is expensive. That's why we need a little help! Honestly, it's exactly what we all want. Hint, hint.
7) Pom Pom Hat: Pom pom hats are SO IN. (Says Kristie.) They're an easy gift because they are one size fits all unless you have a misshapen head. We love this one from Revolve. Perfect for the winter months and adds some #chic to your wardrobe. Seriously though, once Kristie says something is "in," it's usually a safe bet. She once proclaimed that belts were "out" and we've been hiking up our jeans ever since. When you know, you know.
8) Kettle Bell: A kettle bell is the perfect at-home workout gift. They're portable and take up very little space but can be used for a wide range of exercises. Here's a link to one's on Amazon. The weight you should pick has a lot to do with the level of the athlete you are buying it for. Getting one heavy and one light is not a bad idea. Search around for the one that's best for you. Keep in mind that if you buy a 5lb for a beast athlete, she will probably only use it as decoration.
There you have it folks! The Sporting Chic Holiday Gift Guide for 2016. If you're still not sure what to get for the female athlete in your life, pop on over to our store and pick up a LIMITED EDITON #InstaGate tee. They're the first merchandise that Sporting Chic has offered and may be worth a lot of money one day. Although today, we wonder if they are even worth the $25 that we are asking for. Happy Holidays, everyone!